What's new
What's new

Pin blocking belt pulley to back gear selector?

Ergo22

Plastic
So the left most lever on the 10ee that changes from belt drive to back gear and vice versa, will not engage on my lathe and is blocked by the pin pictured. Does anyone know how to control this pin and why the lathe does this?. Http://imgur.com/gallery/dybjqlw

So the left most lever on the 10ee that changes from belt drive to back gear and vice versa, will not engage on my lathe and is blocked by the pin pictured. Does anyone know how to control this pin and why the lathe does this?. Http://imgur.com/gallery/dybjqlw

Check your wiring diagram. There are a few solenoids on 10EE's, and the control logic is not hard to figure out from the wiring diagram. Sorry I didn't provide a better answer, but it has been a while since I had a 10EE with that solenoid, and checking the wiring diagram is what I would have to do to answer your question.

could it be that you have the speed too high, and this is an interlock to prevent you from going into back gear with a very high speed?

could it be that you have the speed too high, and this is an interlock to prevent you from going into back gear with a very high speed?

I think that is close. Probably the solenoid is energized whenever the spindle is running at any speed. So if it is stuck in the out position when power is off, you need to disassemble and see if it is a bad solenoid. I had a similar problem with a 74 modular, and found a replacement solenoid at Halted (HSC) in Sunnyvale.

Back