What's new
What's new

Recovering images from PhotoBucket

Cal Haines

Diamond
Thanks Bill. I edited the leadscrew thread to use the PM hosted images. For some reason, one came in as thumbnail and the rest as inline images. Close enough.

I'm not able to get the right-click and save trick to work with PhotoBucket. (Undoubtedly some difference in my browser setup.) When I do it, I still get the some "update your account" icon and no image.

[FONT=&quot]Cal[/FONT]
Looks good! Perhaps we can get back to "normal" after all!

Were you logged-in?

I have no account, but got the same thing when I inadvertently tried to do one of them a second time.

My guess from those two indicators is that a "stranger" can RMB to get the photo, but a Photobucket "subscriber" gets intercepted to the "hook" instead.

As to thumbnail or not, I'm sure we can sort that so long as there is a photo.

Page TWO:

This will not help us recover photos - Photobucket or other - where the ACCOUNT either had edit changes that broke the links AND/OR just went dark before the latest Photobucket issue.

I'm sure there will be some ideas as to how to manage that, too.
No I wasn't logged into Photobucket. I still have all the photos for my posts, so I can put those back. It's thread's like Harry's "Wreck update", that we need to try and recover if possible, since Harry has passed away and can't do it himself.

Cal

It's thread's like Harry's "Wreck update", that we need to try and recover if possible, since Harry has passed away and can't do it himself.

I have a plan for that, too. But.. it isn't "time sensitive". Tedious, but can be done as easily next year as this week. Perhaps more easily so once we have the other "inventory" rebuilt.

Some of what has gone walkabout did so a few at a time starting more than ten years ago, after all. Even that can be fixed after a fashion if/as/when the value-add is worth the effort.

Better plans may turn up if I just sit quiet for a while, so I'm biting my... keyboard.

Meanwhile, I'd encourage FIRST recovering all we can reach of the current Photobucket-hosted ones.. before PB makes what we just did no longer possible. Or at least no longer as easy.

I just noticed that photobucket images are working again. Maybe photobucket realized that trying to force people to register and sign in to see images was hurting them?

Cal

Back