What's new
What's new

WTB Monarch Taper Clamp and Rod

WillWilly

Aluminum
I am looking for a Monarch CY16 Taper Clamp and Rod for my project. Mine is missing and appears the taper clamp was rarely used on my lathe.

Please PM me if you have one laying around. Who knows, I might have something you need in trade or just hard cash...

Thanks so much in advance

William
Lexington KY

You could look under the rear end (tail stock end) of T/A and see if you see two tapped holes - or maybe part of the front end of the "rod" that bolts on to those two tapped holes

Thumbnails might be helpful

Attachments

• P1000031.jpg
    P1000031.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 108
  • P1000032.jpg
    P1000032.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 106
You could look under the rear end (tail stock end) of T/A and see if you see two tapped holes - or maybe part of the front end of the "rod" that bolts on to those two tapped holes

Thumbnails might be helpful

Mine is broke off at that two bolt fitting and missing. Looks like I'm making a replacement. A good project!

I made the rod and clamp for mine. It wasn't a difficult project. Got some pix from people here which helped.

PDW

The previous owner of my 10EE made a bed clamp from steel.

I have often wondered if one could be 3D printed. The design would need to be different to have sufficient strength. Alternatively I think a simpler to fab design with a sacrificial link could be made out of other metal components.

Ryan

The previous owner of my 10EE made a bed clamp from steel.

I have often wondered if one could be 3D printed. The design would need to be different to have sufficient strength. Alternatively I think a simpler to fab design with a sacrificial link could be made out of other metal components.

Ryan

I made my clamp from steel. IIRC I made the rod part first - it was missing - then dialed it parallel to the bed & measured to get the drop and offset from the rear ways. That told me where the hole had to go, the rest was a weldment tacked up in situ then fully welded. It works fine. Not that I use it a lot but it's nice to have it when you need it.

PDW

Back