What's new
What's new

WTT D1-3 5C step collet closers

rke[pler

Diamond
I have a couple of 'spare' step chuck closers. The take the collets with the taper on the large diameter, so they apply better pressure than the ones trying to clamp 5" diameter part using the pressure on the smaller 5C taper. I believe that these closers are Hardinge. These accept the standard depth Hardinge step chucks.

20210912_110531_compress8.jpg

20210912_110550_compress37.jpg

The bigger takes a 5" step collet, the smaller takes a 3".

I'd like to trade for a 4" and a 2" (note the diameter at the top of the taper of the closer is 3/8 bigger than the nominal collet size).

I also have a Pratt & Whitney 6" closer that has a very short body if anyone's interested (not pictured). I'd trade that for a long body 6" closer.

Comment here if you're interested and we can work the logistics off line.

I’m interested. PM sent.
You didn’t mention how much you are asking.
Are these the same length as the Monarch 10EE 5C “bullet” nose?
I’ve got a Royal 5C collet closer that I think works with the 5C bullet nose length for stickout.

I’m interested. PM sent.
You didn’t mention how much you are asking.

I was really looking to trade, not to sell.

Are these the same length as the Monarch 10EE 5C “bullet” nose? I’ve got a Royal 5C collet closer that I think works with the 5C bullet nose length for stickout.

Same drawtube but understand that the collet is closed by it's outer rim and not by the 5C taper.

Russ, just checked, can't help. But I do have a pair of 5" and 3" closers just like yours. Mine are available for sale if anyone is looking. They come with a few collets. Contact me off-line if interested (email preferred).

I can inventory the tribe and email you... if even you have any interest in going there?

What I'd like to add-to are PDQ-Marlin goods for my mills .. in their two smallest sizes.

Sure, pop some pics my way. I have a fair number of PDQ VS toolholders in the common endmill shank sizes and a few Jacobs taper holders. I've got a couple of the R8 masters as well.

Back