What's new
What's new

1998 Okuma Cadet Mate 4020 Light tower

saadracing

Plastic
Does anyone happen to have a picture of or the wiring diagram for the light tower? The riggers removed it for transport and the manual does not have the diagram, only the cable information. The label on the wires do not match up with the pin numbers either. Our CNC techs said they would try and get it but that was 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

Okay, so I have the same cable diagram but not the wiring schematic. The wires on the machine are as labeled in the diagrams.

The issue is on the tower base I have 6 lugs and they are labeled 1 thru 5 and then one separated from them labeled 0. The H11 H12 H13 and FG to not match up to the base.

I can reverse engineer those with my multi-meter except wire 300. The diagram show wire 300 to have continuity to H11 12 and 13 but none of the lugs have continuity and neither do the wires

Okay
1= green = H12 = 800
2 = orange = H13 = 804
3 = red = H11 = 802

300??? There is nothing attached to lug #4 and #5. They look as thought you could add 2 additional lights to the tower.

Also 300 just has 1 pin on it, not 3 to connect to each other wire for continuity.

Can I assume to leave 300 off?

300 should be the common to all the lights, so it needs to be hooked up. A photo might help understand what you are dealing with. What wire numbers you have and a photo of the base of the light stack lugs. I don't understand why the guys didn't take a quick photo before they unhooked the light. I don't take any wires off unless I take a photo, and that goes for changing a parameter too. :)

Here are the photos. The wires are labeled the same as the diagram and connected to the tower as stated above

20190621_115039.jpg
20190621_134322.jpg

Well that's not very helpful. I see what you are dealing with now. It would have been nice had they included a diagram of the light itself. Only 2 spots, got a coin?

Well that's not very helpful. I see what you are dealing with now. It would have been nice had they included a diagram of the light itself. Only 2 spots, got a coin?

Spots 4 and 5 do not go anywhere. They go up the light tower to nothing so it would be the same as not connecting it at all. As if you were going to add 2 more lights on top.

After looking at the diagram again, it looks like wire 300 goes into lug 0 (see my picture) as 0 is common to all three wires.

Now that leaves PE/FG. I found the ground lug as they pulled it out of it's pocket (as seen in picture 2 at the 9 o'clock position) and there were no bolts for it. I can see how PE connects to the ground lug in which I will have to get hardware for, but I am no seeing where the ground lug is getting ground from. The lug is threaded on both ends and on the bottom you run a bolt through the bottom of the base as there is a recessed pocket for the bolt head. So does the ground lug just sit in the pocket with no other wire other than PE going to it?

20190621_155514.jpg
20190621_161749.jpg
20190621_161806.jpg
20190621_161832.jpg
20190621_161839.jpg

Ok, so after digging around I found the diagram on Schniders web site (link below) On page 5 it has the wiring diagram which confirms that wire 300 goes to lug 0

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=Catalog&p_File_Name=9001CT0001_XVA.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=9001CT0001XVA

I then found a picture of the base with the ground block installed. I appears that the ground lug is meant to also wedge against a mounting pole that would raise the light tower if needed.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg

With this information I am going to run a ground wire from the ground lug to the chasiss of the machine and will let you know how it goes.

Soooo, no luck. I did not get a red light when powering on. I should as i get an alarm for magazine not in basic position (air pressure loss) Looks like I should see 24v on wire 300. Do you have a diagram for PMOO PM02 and PM06? I found the wires in the cabinet but they don't appear to be attached to a breaker.

Today, i was getting ready to diag. the lights and I had the air hose disconnected. Powered the machine on and the red light lit. I noticed that when I went from auto mode to manual mode the light went out. So I am assuming that the lights only work in auto mode which means I have to load a program to check the orange and green lights. I am looking through the manual to see if you can power them on with the control panel. Do you know if that is possible?

Yeah. They are all working. There was a program left in the machine and ran it. Green and orange lights are working perfect. So the wiring diagram above is right. Thank for all the help. Hope this helps someone in the future. :)

Back