721-P (DeviceNET Error) alarm on OSP E100L control
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 721-P (DeviceNET Error) alarm on OSP E100L control

Hey guys, I purchased a 2004 Okuma L470 with an E100 control back in November of last year.
    Shortly after we put the machine in service we started getting a 721-P DeviceNet error, alarm. At 1st the alarm was pretty infrequent & normally a reboot would clear the alarm. As time has gone on this alarm has become more frequent & will not reset sometimes for hrs. Now the machine has been down for two days & the alarm will not clear.

Occurrence of the alarm seemed to be pretty random. Sometimes it would alarm while the machine was just sitting. However, interrupted cuts seemed to definitely exacerbate the issue, such as cutting soft jaws.
    Have any of you run into this issue & if so what was the cause. Information in the alarm book is extremely vague.

Entire Alarm reads: 721 Alarm-P DeviceNet error 2002000 CH1 SC6

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not familiar with your particular machine, but Okuma uses DeviceNet between the control and IO in the control cabinet, as well as remote IO. The wiring is shielded twisted pair wire and has to be terminated with a 110 ohm resistor, if the connection drops even just for a moment you will get sporadic errors like you're experiencing. I would start by checking all the devicenet terminations and making sure one hasn't wiggled loose, then check the routing of those cables and see if one is damaged. Your electrical manual should detail all devicenet lines and where they go to and from.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by merrend View Post
    Not familiar with your particular machine, but Okuma uses DeviceNet between the control and IO in the control cabinet, as well as remote IO. The wiring is shielded twisted pair wire and has to be terminated with a 110 ohm resistor, if the connection drops even just for a moment you will get sporadic errors like you're experiencing. I would start by checking all the devicenet terminations and making sure one hasn't wiggled loose, then check the routing of those cables and see if one is damaged. Your electrical manual should detail all devicenet lines and where they go to and from.

Good luck.
    Thanks, that gives me a good place to start at least.