What's new
What's new

Adjusting Backlash OSP500 LG

Blobis

Plastic
Hello, I have a LB 12 with OSP 500-LG. When I'm running parts for about a half an hour my X starts to get smaller, about .002 thousandth, if anything you would think it would get larger after tool wear. I put an indicator on it and ran a small repeater program and there it was, after about a half an hour I lost .002 thousandth. Does any one know if that is a Backlash problem or something else. If its a Backlash problem, how do I get the Backlash to stay in the parameters, I keep getting an alarm when I change it.
Thanks.

Every lathe I've ever run does this. Usually only .001 or so.
If I'm turning a tight dia, I will loop the program and let it warm up first thing in the morning, and also let it loop during lunch to keep it warm.

Thank for answering, but it still does this even after 8 hours of running parts. I'm constantly chasing the diameter after 5 or 6 parts.

If you are chasing back and forth .003 it could possibly be a repeatability problem with the machine not back lash. I am not an expert at explaining it and how to check it but keep that in the back of your mind and google how to check each problem, backlash and repeatability.

Back