What's new
What's new

can't open/close chuck in auto mode (LU-15/OSP 7000L)

ApexMachining

Plastic
Hi Guys,

Having trouble opening/closing chuck - it works fine in manual mode, but not in auto mode.
eg: when cycle finishes, have to switch back to manual, swap part, switch back to auto, cycle start.

This is a pain in the ass but I have just dealt with it for a while now.

The issue is I have a job now that I would like to bar-pull.
M83/M84 work in MDI, but when I try to use them in a program the chuck will open but then the program just stops (no error messages, just stops).

This is not the original chuck/actuator on this machine.
The original setup was a little odd which I am sure my not understanding it is what is causing this issue!!

The machine has 2 hydraulic circuits for the actuator but they appear to work together.
2 individual valves with 2 individual sets of hoses running to the actuator (2 seperate pressure gauges & the pressure for each can be adjusted independently).
However, they both operate together when the foot pedal is pressed.

I currently only have 1 of these circuits connected to the actuator & the other is blanked with the pressure set to zero.

There is also 4 proximity sensors that weren't attached to the old actuator when I bought the machine, so I am not sure of the correct arrangement.
I have currently just got a dodgy setup where I have just manually 'tricked' them to get things up & running (ie: they're not actually mounted to actuator).

The prox sensors are currently setup/tricked as follows:
- 1 is always on
- 1 is on for OD clamping (but needs to be off for ID clamping)
- 1 is on for ID clamping (but needs to be off for OD clamping)
- 1 is always off, but if turned on sends unclamp signal (I'm thinking this is where my problem might be)

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!!

PS:
Another less important but still annoying issue:
The chuck clamping has a delay (approx. 6 seconds).
ie: when clamping, press foot pedal, wait 6 seconds, chuck closes.
But when unclamping it will open immediately.

I'm thinking it must be a parameter setting somewhere, as the delay swaps when changing from OD to ID clamping.
The 6 seconds repeats every time & is uneffected by changing chuck pressure.

You would have to put that variable/trick actuator and ones that aren’t always on off and power off your machine . Once powered back on is should realize that no variables /tricks are entered and you should be able to do what you want

Hi Guys,

Having trouble opening/closing chuck - it works fine in manual mode, but not in auto mode.
eg: when cycle finishes, have to switch back to manual, swap part, switch back to auto, cycle start.

This is a pain in the ass but I have just dealt with it for a while now.

The issue is I have a job now that I would like to bar-pull.
M83/M84 work in MDI, but when I try to use them in a program the chuck will open but then the program just stops (no error messages, just stops).

This is not the original chuck/actuator on this machine.
The original setup was a little odd which I am sure my not understanding it is what is causing this issue!!

The machine has 2 hydraulic circuits for the actuator but they appear to work together.
2 individual valves with 2 individual sets of hoses running to the actuator (2 seperate pressure gauges & the pressure for each can be adjusted independently).
However, they both operate together when the foot pedal is pressed.

I currently only have 1 of these circuits connected to the actuator & the other is blanked with the pressure set to zero.

There is also 4 proximity sensors that weren't attached to the old actuator when I bought the machine, so I am not sure of the correct arrangement.
I have currently just got a dodgy setup where I have just manually 'tricked' them to get things up & running (ie: they're not actually mounted to actuator).

The prox sensors are currently setup/tricked as follows:
- 1 is always on
- 1 is on for OD clamping (but needs to be off for ID clamping)
- 1 is on for ID clamping (but needs to be off for OD clamping)
- 1 is always off, but if turned on sends unclamp signal (I'm thinking this is where my problem might be)

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!!

PS:
Another less important but still annoying issue:
The chuck clamping has a delay (approx. 6 seconds).
ie: when clamping, press foot pedal, wait 6 seconds, chuck closes.
But when unclamping it will open immediately.

I'm thinking it must be a parameter setting somewhere, as the delay swaps when changing from OD to ID clamping.
The 6 seconds repeats every time & is uneffected by changing chuck pressure.
Yes it’s 100% a parameter setting that’s causing it.

Back