What's new
What's new

Fanuc Error EX 225 "SOL' ON "LS" OFF, Check YV15, SQ 14, SP0

Chasiboy

Plastic
I get this error when I clamp a tool into the spindle of my OKUMA & HOWA MILAC 415V VMC with a FANUC 21i-M Controller.

EX 225 "SOL' ON "LS" OFF, Check YV15, SQ 14, SP0

I've reviewed my manuals and googled the error but can't find it's meaning.

I get this error when I clamp a tool into the spindle of my OKUMA & HOWA MILAC 415V VMC with a FANUC 21i-M Controller.

EX 225 "SOL' ON "LS" OFF, Check YV15, SQ 14, SP0

I've reviewed my manuals and googled the error but can't find it's meaning.

I'm guessing SOL means Solenoid (sometimes controlled by 100-120VAC) LS likely means Limit Switch. YV15 might be a wire label. SPO? Spindle Off? Spindle Orient?

Maybe do a ladder search each for YV15, SQ14 and SPO?

Look around your Z head sheet metal for a label that corresponds to what the screen is telling you. Sometimes solenoid and Limit Switch locations are labeled on the sheet metal. (Generic info)

Just thinking out loud...

I had a VMC years ago that had a disc on the drawbar. When the tool clamped, the disc would actuate a limit switch. Once in a while I had to adjust the limit switch bracket to get it in the right spot.

Thanks 13Engines,

You're right, in a deeper dive into my manuals, I discovered in an ATC motion diagram: "SOL" is a Solenoid and "LS" is a limit switch, YV15 is Spindle tool Clamp/Unclamp Command, SQ14/SQ24 appear to be limit switches that have to do with feedback as to the condition of the spindle tool clamp, and SPO is spindle orientation which sets the tool holder's dogs in the correct orientation for the changer arm to plunk it into place in the magazine. Booze Daily's suggested that the limit switch may need to be adjusted... I'll look into that too.

Thanks Booze,
It appears as though a limit switch is setting off the alarm... I'll look over the tool clamping mechanism... pull studs, chips up inside, and the position of the limit switch.

Back