What's new
What's new

Far fetched request, Okuma LB-15

NeoTech

Plastic
So i bought these old Okuma LB-15 with OSP5000M-G operating system on them.
They been run with a DNC unit from a central server for a while. But the last owner just never bothered of hooking them up.

Which make me assume that they most likely have a drip feed option..

Anyone knows what steps i should make to figure out the capabilities of the main unit?
I have no manuals or instructions.. i have been clicking around in the machines so far blindly.

Will attach an image of the DNC unit that was connected to the machine
127591123_405397233976032_6910505473333043683_n.jpg

I have never seen such a unit and are not sure if i can use it. But used simpler dnc units on other older siemens machines and would be neat if i could make the dripfeed work.

So i bought these old Okuma LB-15 with OSP5000M-G operating system on them.
They been run with a DNC unit from a central server for a while. But the last owner just never bothered of hooking them up.

Which make me assume that they most likely have a drip feed option..

Anyone knows what steps i should make to figure out the capabilities of the main unit?
I have no manuals or instructions.. i have been clicking around in the machines so far blindly.

Will attach an image of the DNC unit that was connected to the machine
View attachment 306859

I have never seen such a unit and are not sure if i can use it. But used simpler dnc units on other older siemens machines and would be neat if i could make the dripfeed work.

Did you check ebay for manuals?
Or, try this to download free manuals:
Okuma OSP 5000 Manuals User Guides - CNC Manual

These should be available. Are you able to connect to the machine? When I had my older than your Okuma's, I used a desktop|CIMCO Editor -> ethernet -> WiFi adapter -> RS-232 port on the back of the machines to transfer programs. WiFi adapter and debugging of the system provided by Shop Floor Automation.

Chazsani

Sent from my G-Code editor @ 300kbs

Back