What's new
What's new

File Transfer OSP 5020M

TrevorFerri

Plastic
Has anybody had experience tranfering programs to and from OSP5020M. I recently purchased a CNC USB file transfer box from Shop Floor Automations. Plugged it into my Yang that runs Fanuc OT... no issues very very simple to use. Then i plugged into my Okuma that runs OSP5020M, not so simple.. after some fiddling around in the manuals i was able to move all the programs off the machine onto the USB drive. Fantastic stuff... but now that im trying to put a program back onto the machine its not working. I have followed the procedure from the manual with no luck.. there is no errors or alarms going off. The control actually freezes and i have to switch from edit aux to some other mode to be able to input anything. Im thinking possibly a parameter but i havnt the slightest clue which one. Any idea?
Thanks

Just a reply to let you know this thing works. Apparently everyone is too busy hiding under the bed from this cold virus.

I'm unfamiliar with both your machine and xfer box, but willing to help troubleshoot.

Is this xfer box using serial comms with your machine?

I did a search and found what I think you are using. The latest tech that uses serial communications can automatically detect the communications parameters it receives. So, that could be why it read your programs from the control memory.

I think you need to find and verify the comm settings your control is using. If I don't leave anything out the list should be as follows:

1) Baud rate
2) parity
3) number of stop bits
4) handshaking type

The next thing to verify is the cable pin out being used. Need to find the MTB manual. That info may be in there.

Does the control give an alarm? I have found if one of the comments in ( ) has a space before the ) character, OSP doesn't like that on file transfer. I assume you are hitting Edit Aux-->PIP-->Read-->Enter ?

Not sure how your USB file transfer box works but below are settings from my machine, I hope it helps. I'll include my DNC-B settings as well.

Machine: CADET-V with OSP5020 Controller and CADET-MATE with OSP700 Controller

FOR FILE TRANSFERS:

CHANGE SETTINGS IN PARAMETERS BY TYPING:
CMPS

THEN CHECK SETTINGS AS FOLLOWS
1. CHANNEL - CHA:
2. BAUD RATE - 4800
3. STOP BIT - 2
4. PARITY - EVEN
5. TRANSMIT CODE - ASCII
6. END CODE - ETX
7. PROTOCOL - A