What's new
What's new

Genos M560 coolant spray gun options

Mooner

Aluminum
Ok, just got this machine in Dec and loving it.

But I don't like the fact that it didn't come with a coolant spray gun and Gosiger is telling me that it is a very expensive option (includes a new pump, M-code, wiring intro control, etc). Didn't get an actual quote yet, but sounds like a multi-thousand $$$ solution...

My current setup has the standard M8 flood coolant pump and a ChipBlaster 500 psi TSC external pump. There is also an unused pump sitting on top of my coolant tank (I think it is the lift pump for the Okuma TSC option?).

Is there any way to control this pump to enable it for use as a spray gun pump? Happy to use it with or without control integration...

Or if you have an alternative method / pump setup to provide for a spray gun, I'm curious what other options exist.

Gosiger also suggested splicing in a T on the standard M8 flood pump, but I'd rather have a dedicated pump so I don't have to mess with different valves just to use the spray gun with adequate pressure...

Thanks!

Ok, just got this machine in Dec and loving it

hy :) thats true love :)

Is there any way to control this pump to enable it for use as a spray gun pump?

maybe you will burn it :)

i suggest installing your own pump , or, even cheaper, connect a hose to those coolant nozzles :)

or even better, conect the hose to the shower system, if available :) kindly !

Ok, just got this machine in Dec and loving it.

But I don't like the fact that it didn't come with a coolant spray gun and Gosiger is telling me that it is a very expensive option (includes a new pump, M-code, wiring intro control, etc). Didn't get an actual quote yet, but sounds like a multi-thousand $$$ solution...

My current setup has the standard M8 flood coolant pump and a ChipBlaster 500 psi TSC external pump. There is also an unused pump sitting on top of my coolant tank (I think it is the lift pump for the Okuma TSC option?).

Is there any way to control this pump to enable it for use as a spray gun pump? Happy to use it with or without control integration...

Or if you have an alternative method / pump setup to provide for a spray gun, I'm curious what other options exist.

Gosiger also suggested splicing in a T on the standard M8 flood pump, but I'd rather have a dedicated pump so I don't have to mess with different valves just to use the spray gun with adequate pressure...

Thanks!

A T fitting with a ball valve and 25 feet of garden hose with a typical sprayer is what I use. It's all spliced in just above the coolant pump. When it's time to wash down the machine, I throw the ball valve, open the fitting for the hose and turn on the coolant from the control panel. No coolant from the normal line loc fittings, just on the hose.

Yeah, the wash down gun option is like 5K...Okuma is higher than giraffe nuts on the few things that aren't standard options, but a 15K 30 Hp spindle and a badass control is standard?...weird but I love that mill.

All we use is about a 4 foot length of garden hose with an ID small enough to jam one of those LocLine fittings into the end of it. Then we just hook it up to the existing coolant LocLine on the spindle, turn on the M08 and wash down the machine.
It works flawlessly, and it costs virtually nothing to make, and we can use it on any mill we have.

my 2002 haas came standard with the wash hose.
wanna trade?

Lol...

:D

That pump just sitting there not doing anything is going to drive me crazy... Might need to find a way to fire it up...

I put one on the new doosan and just used a foot stitch from ebay ,, was like $80 for a nice heavy cast iron switch and just use a turd pump from home depot..

That pump just sitting there not doing anything is going to drive me crazy... Might need to find a way to fire it up...

hy Mooner :) as you said, this might be the pump for the TSC ... check what is the destination for that pump :)

if you intend to use it, you may burn it because of short on/off cycles, so try to find on the market a similar one and check its price, so to now what to expect :)

if ok, use it :) ... if too powerfull, just install a little one .... but as you see, anyone here is simply conecting to nozzles inside the machine :)

... your idea may deliver a broken pump, and a hose arround the cnc, that won't look nice :)

hy Mooner :) as you said, this might be the pump for the TSC ... check what is the destination for that pump :)

if you intend to use it, you may burn it because of short on/off cycles, so try to find on the market a similar one and check its price, so to now what to expect :)

if ok, use it :) ... if too powerfull, just install a little one .... but as you see, anyone here is simply conecting to nozzles inside the machine :)

... your idea may deliver a broken pump, and a hose arround the cnc, that won't look nice :)

The pump in question is the low pressure / high volume lift pump (sits on top of tank before the TSC filter bags and high pressure pump) that is part of the Okuma TSC-prep package. It is not connected to anything - cables and pump inlets / outputs are not connected. So it is completely useless as-is.

I don't know why the on/off cycles would be any shorter than a TSC pump would encounter in normal use, but would definitely see fewer cycles. Probably only use the wash gun a couple times per day for several minutes.

I do see your point about it possibly being too powerful. Also might not like zero-flow conditions if the nozzle is closed. Could cause cavitation in the pump... So might need a small amount of bypass flow...

I like DD's foot switch idea...

The spare coolant pump works great for a wash down hose. Use a good quality rubber garden hose with an adjustable nozzle and make sure you use the shortest possible length of hose, there is a surprising amount of resistance in those hoses.

I think it is easiest to wire the pump up to a spare m-code. Use link below for instructions.

Dropbox - M56 - M Code Wash Gun.pdf

My using the existing motor contractor, you will have overload protection.

The spare coolant pump works great for a wash down hose. Use a good quality rubber garden hose with an adjustable nozzle and make sure you use the shortest possible length of hose, there is a surprising amount of resistance in those hoses.

I think it is easiest to wire the pump up to a spare m-code. Use link below for instructions.

Dropbox - M56 - M Code Wash Gun.pdf

My using the existing motor contractor, you will have overload protection.

This is exactly what I was hoping someone had already figured out...

Thank you @grdnanthy!

My spare lift pump was attached to K19. Just ran a 12v toggle from the controller box to the relay. Been using it as washdown gun for about a year now.

Very interested in using the spare M codes for other stuff though. Anymore documentation on that? Okuma doesn't give you much.

coolant.jpg

relay.jpg

switc.jpg

My spare lift pump was attached to K19. Just ran a 12v toggle from the controller box to the relay. Been using it as washdown gun for about a year now.

Very interested in using the spare M codes for other stuff though. Anymore documentation on that? Okuma doesn't give you much.

View attachment 195759

View attachment 195760

View attachment 195761

I love how you have your air hose connected. Is that coming off a Tee at the machine air inlet? Or is it a separate air drop from the ceiling?

I love how you have your air hose connected. Is that coming off a Tee at the machine air inlet? Or is it a separate air drop from the ceiling?

3/4 air drop from the ceiling to the machine, then just tee off with a soft airline. The air hose and coolant hose are both run around the casting and up into bulkhead fittings on the front sheetmetal skirt.

Are coolant gun is run off that pump with nothing coming it off it. M code is M181 if I remember correctly

Did you ever find a solution for the spray gun?

We have a solution available for the M560.
e2abdab20f161149f97d9b5303c2951d.jpg

Back