What's new
What's new

Help with OSP700M

jaubuchon28

Plastic
Hi everyone,
I am a fairly new machine owner, and I am having a heck of time figuring this thing out. I have a Cadet Mate V4020 with an OSP700M controller on it, and i can load programs in and out using the floppy drive and disks, and have before figured out how to load onto it using RS232, but i cannot find the directions again, I've read my books cover to cover, and I have scoured the internet for threads on it, but i cannot figure it out. Does anyone know a direct way of enabling 232 transfer on this machine? Thank you.

SETUP YOUR PARAMETERS ON THE CONTROLLER TO FILE TRANSFER.
Prefix:

Make sure all your settings are correct on your controller and PC. Below are my settings I use as well as the file transferring procedure.

IN PARAMETERS MENU TYPE:
"CMPS" AND PRESS WRITE.

OSP700 Settings:

1. Channel: CHA
2. Baud Rate: 4,800
3. Stop Bits: 2
4. Parity: EVEN
5. Transmit Code: ACSII
6. End Code: ETX
7. Protocol: A
8. Trans Method: B
9. Last DC3: Yes
10. SYN/NAK Enable: Yes
11. M02 Reset: Yes

PC Settings:
Bits: 7
Parity: EVEN
Stop Bits: 1
Baud Rate: 9,600
XON/XOFF: ON
RTX/CTS: OFF or ON

As far as transferring the program itself, I'm going off memory. Haven't use the file transfer in a while.

On the controller, go to "EDIT AUX" menu
Select "PIP"
Select "Read"
Then quickly run to your machine and send the G-Code using your DNC Software I.e, Cimco, etc.
You should see something like "verify" on the screen once it starts transmitting.

Best of luck and feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I don't check the forums often, just happened to be on here today.
Ron

Back