What's new
What's new

How to enable Okuma Hi-G Low Acceleration / Deceleration Mode

Edster

Diamond
Just thought I'd post how to enable the Okuma Hi-G Low Acceleration / Deceleration mode in case anyone is having trouble with there machine vibrating in rapid traverse. It's not very clear how to enable or use this mode in the machine manual.

Find the NC Optional Parameter screen in parameters.
In the bit section find number 67 Bit 5.
Change it to a checkmark to enable Low Accel / Decel mode. Unchecked disables Low Accel / Decel mode.
Find the System Parameters screen in parameters.
Scroll down until you see G00 Accel Adjust.
There will be a value for each axis. The default value is 100 and by entering a lower value it will reduce the accel / decel rate.

For example I have an MB4000H horizontal and I don't have it anchored. With the default settings the machine would shake badly when the X axis moved in rapid at 30% rapid or faster. With the Low Accel / Decel mode enabled and the X axis value set to 25% I have no problems running the machine at 100% rapid.

This also worked for an 05 MCV4020 I have with an OSP100E control. I didn't see Hi-G mentioned anywhere for this machine so I played with the bit and found out it also has the Hi-G low accel / decel mode. On this machine the head moves in the Y axis. If the distance between moves is short the machine will shake a little. I set the Y axis value to 50% and the machine runs perfectly smooth.

There is also a way to completely disable HiG. In NC Optional Parameters in the bit section, number 67, placing a checkmark in bit 0 will disable Hi-G. Unchecking bit 0 will enable Hi-G. Disabling Hi-G will cause all axis acceleration / deceleration to be reduced to the lowest value. Using the Low Accel / Decel mode would be a better choice because each axis can be independently adjusted.

Hope this helps someone :cheers:

Thank you so much. It has made such a difference that I do not know if the machine is running now at times.

What did you end up using for the G00 accel adjust settings, and are you able to run the machine at 100% now?

Back