What's new
What's new

how to "slow _retract" in drill cycle ?

deadlykitten

Banned
hello :) please, during a drilling cycle, how can i enter / retract not in rapid, but slower ?

also, can i override the rapid from code ? kindly !

hello :) please, during a drilling cycle, how can i enter / retract not in rapid, but slower ?

also, can i override the rapid from code ? kindly !
long drills i have seen simple G1 with feed rate like F3.0
common to have drill over 18" long vibrating and to have it enter a previously drilled hole 6" deep turning 50 rpm and F10. feed
once 0.1" above previous drilled hole then another M3 S300 given to change rpm and another G1 with F rate to drill hole
then another M3 S50 and G1 F10, to pull out of hole slow. long drill out of hole will whip or wobble bad and can even break

hello DMF_TomB :) what you said means using G codes, and i can program this way

i wish to use cycles, so to "feed in-out " instead of rapid, during a cycle :) i asked because i don't know how to do this ... and maybe i will combine "G codes" + "slow feed cycle", and results will be better than what i do now :)

Last edited:
Yes, the simple answer is to write out the drilling cycles using G1 moves instead of canned cycles, where you can specify different "F" feedrates.

It is possible to write a custom G-Code macro (canned cycle) that allows for a custom feedrate during retract, but that would require someone to develop this.

Back