What's new
What's new

just got an LB15 - got some questions!

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
hey everyone!

I just got myself an LB15 for a bargain basement price, and i'm just trying to get the little fella running.

So far i've got it all up and running, starting spindle, worked out offsets (work and tool) and all that basic stuff but what i need to know is:

1. every time I try to run a program (one that's already in the control, or one ive written, or even some MDI with a g00 move in it) it just sits there with "slide hold" illuminated. i'm not sure if maybe the slide hold button is some how stuck in or something, a lot of the buttons are a bit intermittent, is there a way i can check?

2. trying to transfer programs by rs232: I've changed all the params i think need changing and i'm not getting errors when trying to send date to the pc from the CNC, but i'm only getting like 2 random characters coming though.

I think that's all i need for now.

Cheers,
Trav

update: i got movement happening - turns out it had been wired with a mag switch on a safety cage door on the rear of the machine (wired inline with the "slide hold" button - shut cage and now i can move.

still no joy on program transfers

I have the same control on a LCC-15 ( compact machine no tailstock )
I use EdytorNC for program transfers, EdytorNC download | SourceForge.net
I had to run a slow baud rate 4800 and put some delays in but it works well.
If you use the same program I can send you a configuration file.

My machine is from around 1995

I have the same control on a LCC-15 ( compact machine no tailstock )
I use EdytorNC for program transfers, EdytorNC download | SourceForge.net
I had to run a slow baud rate 4800 and put some delays in but it works well.
If you use the same program I can send you a configuration file.

My machine is from around 1995

happy to give it a go. shoot me through a config file to [email protected] if you can.

Cheers,
Trav

Back