What's new
What's new

LB-15 Chuck condition illegal

lagessebrandon

Aluminum
I think one of my workers changed a paramater and I do not have a list. When we try and close the chuck we get the following alarm. 118 Alarm-A Chuck condition illegal 1

If you hit the "?" button on the bottom left of the soft keys when that alarm pops up it will tell you what measures to take to fix it......usually.
Could it be that you don't have the prox switch set correctly on the headstock?

couple of common things I've run into. the parameter page between user variables & common variables has a setting to switch between od & id chucking. it may have ben changed. also, you can see at the rear of the spindle if the flange is passing or not getting to the prox switch. the switches may need to be adjusted for the jaw travel you now have. be aware you can set the switches out of range of function, so be sure after adjustment you are actually clamping on the part.

I checked that page with od and id chucking, either way I go with it i get the same error. We have checked the switches, and they are in a decent spot. Besides, when they are not, it gives a different alarm. Chuck open alamr. this is chuck condition illegal.

the alarm book sounds like the control is not recognizing spindle stopped.

alarm 118 code 1: no spindle zero speed signal (bit 3 of EC input #9 is 0)
code 1, 5 prob. faulty location: SDU (spindle drive unit)
code 1, 5 measures to take: check SDU printed circuit boards & connectors

if you haven't already, maybe check bit parameter #9, bit 3 to see if it's at 0 for stopped spindle.
don't if that'll help you fix the problem, but maybe a place to start. good luck

That is exactly what we found last night. So. . . I fired it up this morning and low and behold, no problems at all!!! BOOOOOOOOOO. I am going to run the parts I need to run and then tear into it a little more to find what caused it.

Back