What's new
What's new

Lb 15 x axis motor fault

cl743

Plastic
I am looking at buying an lb 15 it has an x axis motor fault. The motor was changed out for a new or rebuilt motor and the fault is still on the machine. What could cause this problem. Could it be a relay/fuse or a board. Of could it be the ball screw. How much could it cost to repair. Thank you for any and all information

I am pretty sure you are looking at the same machine I was looking at, I called my local okuma dealer and asked a tech what could be causing the fault and how much it would be to repair. He told me it could be something simple and cost a few hundred dollars to repair to worst case a ball screw that would be in the thousands to repair. The advice he gave me was to call the okuma dealer in the area of the machine have a tech go and inspect it to get a diagnosis and the go from there.

If the seller will allow you , swap the BLD 50 ( or 30) or whatever in the X, with the Z, IF the issue migrates to the Z its the board. they can be rebuilt, in the 1200 dollar range. if That is the issue, scour ebay for one, rebuild the bad one, and keep it as a plug in spare.
Best,
Chris

Back