What's new
What's new

Okuma and Howa 2SP-20H Fanuc 18-TT control, machine lost positioning! Help!

Lex@cb

Plastic
Hello,

I am currently resurrecting an Okuma Howa turning center. I went to run a program and was getting alarms for all my Gcodes, (G90/G91, G50, G96, G28, G71, and G54-G59).

Now I was able to get the parameters for G54-G59 turned on so the machine recognizes these.

I know these are considered "add-on's" through Fanuc, I called Fanuc they told me to contact my machine maker dealer. I did, they basically told me to contact Fanuc. Great, who doesn't love playing phone tag all day! Figured I may have more luck here.

I know there are many other Gcodes and I have not tested them all, but so far none of them have worked, so if anyone has a parameter list in the 9000 range for these codes and can share id appreciate it.

Also, my relative and absolute positioning read out appear to be in inch, and the machine position is in MM, does anyone know how to change this? The machine seems to not recognize were im trying to send it, and im thinking this may be the problem.

The machine is an Okuma and Howa 2sp-20h (yr 1993/94) with a Fanuc 18-TT (A) control

Thanks for the help!

Back