What's new
What's new

Mist collectors?

PDETRO

Plastic
We have two Okuma genos L-250 and looking to get mist collectors on them. Looking at Sentry Air Model 300 and Mistaway MA700. These models mount to the top of the machine and want to see if anyone has either one of these and what's your experience with them. How efficient are they. How's the noise level. If you don't have these models what do you have any how's it work.

Hello:
The topic has been discussed at great length in the CNC forum at the top of this website. Try doing a search for Mistaway either on Practical Machinist or on the DuckDuckGo search site type " mistaway practicalmachinist ".

Robert

I looked that up and good info there but would still like to hear if anyone has someone on a Okuma genos L-250 specifically. Thanks

I don't have that lathe, but I have the MA700 on an Okuma Cadet L1420 (bigger than your genos) and on an Okuma M560v.

They work very well. Very. Well.

They are also well quieter than the ambient shop noise. Even at the end of the day when everything is shut down they hardly stand out from a noise perspective.

Get the HEPA filter. It will filter out any dry smoke generated during cutting.

Back