Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Multus P200L programming question

I am not a newbie to this, I ran an Integrex for some time, and OSP is my favorite control. But I am having a bear of a time getting this magical beast to run at all. So my question is does anyone know if there are free tutorials or not free tutorials, resources, other sites that might be equally as helpful as this one (not the bone), so I can do it on my own time, online? We have an App's manager from Hartwig coming in, some time in the next 6 months while this machine sits. I would like to make it so the Apps manager didn't have to come in at all, knowhatImean?

Thanks, Robert

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a tough one, as usually with a Multus you have a specific questions that pertain to the products you want to manufacture. Training would differ whether you have a P200L or P300S, whether you require IGF/AOT training, are their probes, etc. For a machine of this nature, on-site training is defiantly they way to go.

Do you have all the manuals for your machine? I would go over the OSP Operations Manual and Macturn/Multus Operations Manual. I know the reading is dry, but there is a ton of info in there.

Okuma does run training classes at York Tech College in Rock Hill,SC. Here is a link of upcoming classes: https://www.yorktech.edu/uploadedFil...dule_N2016.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

http://www.freewebs.com/magellan/Upl..._Rev%202.6.pdf
    I don't know if this is the latest revision, but you can get it from your local dealer. It covers the functionality that is available on the Multus and has code samples.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks jhearsons, well it looks like 6 months is up and the apps guy is coming Monday and Tuesday. Woo hoo, I know the guy and he is very fast and thinks everyone should already know everything he knows. And this training is a waste of time because I am working there now.

So any questions I should be asking him?? Toolchange, tool orientation, T codes, main, sub, simultaneous? I don't use macturn (should I)? All the code will all be posted from Esprit, but I have had nothing but tons of work getting post processors tuned for Okuma'.

Thanks, Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm assuming you have not worked on this machine at all... In my experience the tool changer is the source of much headache on these machines. Be sure to cover preparing for tool change and recovering from a failed tool change. Also have him show you how to setup your programs so you can restart a tool without going through a tool change. I know you have Okuma experience so the nuts and bolts of actual turning and milling should be no challenge as it is the same as on any Okuma turn mill. I don't know if you have sub experience but if not, get a good sample of a part transfer and part off operation. Ask about rules and best practices for turning tools that will be used at multiple b axis positions. Working at angles is super easy but have him go over it so you don't have to figure it out on your own. These machines are all about syntax and the order in which you give commands.