What's new
What's new

New machine on order.

Captdave

Titanium
HI guys,

We just purchased a new Okuma Genos M560 that will be delivered hopefully by the end of next week if all goes well.

I'm sure I'll be picking your brains as we get this new machine up and running but just a few basic questions for now.

Okuma send a list of all the fluids that will need to have on hand before the tech starts the install and a few of them I'm not familiar with or where is the best place to purchase.

Exxon Mobil DTE Oil Light looks like available most places in 5 Gal pails.

Where do you buy the following?

FC2 (Exxon Mobil Velocite Oil No.3, for example) needs 5 Gal.

THK AFJ GREASE Looks like it needs to be in 400 cc tubes.

CKC150 for the ATC cam box, 2.1 Gal.

HM32 380 CC for the tool unclamp package

Additionally, I'll need to be working on a post processor so if anyone can provide a G and M code list for a P300 control that would be awesome, Google just isn't showing any decent results.

Thanks, Dave

We almost purchased one of them but did not pull the trigger. It probably going to happen... but when is the real question. Im super jealous of you right now. Hope it all goes well.

We have an m560 here and use gibbscam. I know one of the owners hand wrote his post after getting the runaround with gibbs. So far no issues ;)

You will not need a g/m code list, as you can simply push the info button on the control and print up the entire list right there. super fast and easy....If you need, I can print it to a pdf for you at some point today...

You will not need a g/m code list, as you can simply push the info button on the control and print up the entire list right there. super fast and easy....If you need, I can print it to a pdf for you at some point today...

If its not too much trouble, I was just wanting to get a head start on it if possible.

Edster, the new control allows you to setup 10 "home" positions and also gives you 2 physical buttons to use to set your locations and you set the order in which each axis moves.

We use ONECNC.

Right now I'm working on getting it to output work offsets into G15Hxx.

I built a custom post for our Hurco VMC-10with a WinMax control so I'm sure I'll get it figured out time permitting.

Anything else unusual I should be looking out for?

dont forget you can use Hi-CUT ;) You can precall tools obviously with just a T call

the other really obvious thing is this

G81 X1.875 Y1.7025 Z-.2611 R1. F6.07
Y.805
G80 M3 <---note the M3, if this is not there, the spindle will just stop.

While its fine for most just normal drilling...but if you use that same tool elsewhere outside the G81, the spindle will stop and the machine will not continue to move.

Edster, there isn't a "clear tool in spindle" soft key like the Hurco? People can say what they will about Hurco's but they have a really sweet control. There is a soft key for just about any MDI operation you can think of, want to swap tools in the spindle, touch next tool, enter T# and press auto....done.

Im sure We will enjoy the Okuma control once we get some experience on it and learn the new nomenclature.

There are some really good things with the Okuma control, but then some things they didnt change. You know you get some people who get so used to an older control and if the new control is too different people complain. I think it could use a bit of work but then it is just a tool and you will soon get the hang of it.

Charles

Edster, the new control allows you to setup 10 "home" positions and also gives you 2 physical buttons to use to set your locations and you set the order in which each axis moves.

The "OLD" controll(s) has 10 home positions in which you can set the order in which each axis moves too. Just doesn't have the fancy button that I don't need because I put a G112 at the end of my program and the machine is already there when I walk up. :)

Edster, there isn't a "clear tool in spindle" soft key like the Hurco? People can say what they will about Hurco's but they have a really sweet control. There is a soft key for just about any MDI operation you can think of, want to swap tools in the spindle, touch next tool, enter T# and press auto....done.

Im sure We will enjoy the Okuma control once we get some experience on it and learn the new nomenclature.

No. Thats why I love that macro our apps guy wrote. G111 T0 and it puts the tool away. Before I had the macro I would have to manually remove the tool from the spindle and remember to put it back in.

I also like to take the tool out of the spindle at the end of the day. I run a short program that runs the spindle at 250 rpm to let the air purge blow out the spindle bearings. At the end of the program I call G111 T0 to remove the tool. Then the machine will shut itself off if the auto shut off button is pressed. It even trips the breaker at the back. I usually run that program when I leave and the machine takes care of it self.

We use ONECNC.

Right now I'm working on getting it to output work offsets into G15Hxx.

I built a custom post for our Hurco VMC-10with a WinMax control so I'm sure I'll get it figured out time permitting.

Anything else unusual I should be looking out for?

I used OneCNC for a while with my okuma. You shouldn't have any problem getting your post sorted out.

Watch the G98/G99 return to initial or clearance plane in canned cycles. Okuma does it different than fanuc. I still don't have this working in my FeatureCAM post. I have to be careful drilling if there are bosses.

dont forget you can use Hi-CUT ;) You can precall tools obviously with just a T call

the other really obvious thing is this

G81 X1.875 Y1.7025 Z-.2611 R1. F6.07
Y.805
G80 M3 <---note the M3, if this is not there, the spindle will just stop.

While its fine for most just normal drilling...but if you use that same tool elsewhere outside the G81, the spindle will stop and the machine will not continue to move.

He probabily has Hi-CUT Pro. ;)

Never had my spindle stop with a G80, must be something in your settings/parameters causing this. IIRC okumas will cancel a canned cycle with a G0 also.

I believe we are on the same page :)

G30P10 (each axis moves to its programmed location in the order set in the parameters)
M30

The same as what you accomplished with G112? or something different?

Some of the parts we run here we use carbide drills and dont spot drill, we will use a 90deg chamfer tool after the drill has run to chamfer holes and then after the canned cycle, it will run around the part and deburr the rest. Without that M3, the spindle would stop on the machine and this was the only fix for it.

Yes Hi-CUT Pro ;) not to be confused with the rookie version of Hi-Cut

Edster, there isn't a "clear tool in spindle" soft key like the Hurco?

Yes there is.
If you go into manual mode, then "machine operation" (the key to the left of cycle start) you can hit "Return Cycle". This clears any next tool callup that is staged.

Back