What's new
What's new

Okuma 5020L alarms

pianoman8t8

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,
Been getting occasional alarms ever since having this LR15 lathe.

136-1 Alarm-A SM Command A-turret 5
and
W07 Alarm-D VAC motor not ready to start 1

Happens when press Cycle Start, but clears when put in Manual Mode, then usually starts fine afterwards when pressing Cycle Start. Sometimes I'll have to repeat, and cancel a few times in a row, due to alarms popping up when Cycle Start is pressed after clearing the alarms.

Any ideas?

I looked in the book for our LR25. Sounds like a mismatch of speeds or commands between the turrets.
dba9aa1b4b3f22129f8c69a048d46e3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Interesting, one would think it would alarm every time then? Sometimes I can go a few parts (cycle starts) without any issue. On this particular process, lower turret is not used at all.

Usually when I'm not using one turret I interlock the one I need. Atleast I can on our machines.

I'll admit, I'm not 100% familiar with all the options/features. Hell, I still haven't figured out how to use the mid-program start, so I got around that by using a GOTO function in the programs when needed.

Mine gas it's called individual mode. Job I'm running I'm using the A turret. I hold down interlock and press which turret I'm using. Saves me from having to program the N numbers for restarting program and the startup lines at the beginning of our programs.
a4b9663cac66ba68fa782e8c909b7d86.jpg

Back