What's new
What's new

OKUMA ACE CENTER MB 46-VAE, Low Gear?

Blobis

Plastic
I've got a ACE CENTER MB 46-VAE, trying to change to the lowest gear possible cause I'm doing some 5/8-11 blind hole taping and the load meter goes through the roof and the spindle stalls out. I've tried switching from M42 to M40, M41, and get the same results. I noticed that when I put the gear change on the same line as the speed and M3, the spindle doesn't even turn on, so I put it above that. Am I missing something. Is it a parameter setting or the placement of the M40 or M41?

I don’t know your machine exactly. Most mills change gears automatically based on RPM only. Staying in the low gear will be to your advantage. No need for M codes like on a lathe. Your machine may not have the HP for that tap. What RPM are you you trying to tap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S198 And a feed of 18. And its 316L, It taps great when its a through hole, with a load of only about 30%.

do you have a manual or set of manuals for the machine, it may list what your looking for you can get them as a soft copy from okuma

Or ring direct to okuma on your problem.. and see what they say.

S198 And a feed of 18. And its 316L, It taps great when its a through hole, with a load of only about 30%.

So why would the fact that its a Blind Hole make any difference to the force required to tap the hole, unless your using the wrong style of tap, Gun Tap rather than a Spiral Fluted Tap (assuming you're cut tapping and not Form Tapping) and forcing the material to the bottom of the hole, or simply bottoming the tap out on the bottom of the hole?

Regards,

Bill

Back