What's new
What's new

Okuma Cadet Parts Catcher?

clayton

Aluminum
I was curious if any of you that have one of the 1990 era model Okuma Cadet's have an original parts catcher on yours? I would like to see pictures of one. I have seen other newer models on bigger Okuma lathes. I have the parts catcher lever and mounting base, it works, but not basket on this one when I purchased it a year and a half ago. I do a lot of fabrication/welding too so it wont be an issue to make something nice. Upon a google search, I couldn't find anything.

Thank you, Clayton

just design one and craft it :) you may not be pleased by default one :)

there are cases when basket gets modified ...

having the mechanism in good condition, even without a basket, is pretty good :)

Last edited:
Here are a couple pics. Not sure how much detail that you need.
14b920612f6802823ae55fc68d095516.jpg
b404f9cf54a66f1d654759b8020cc1d5.jpg
076acb9ac910990f07c08209751705a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I've seen one similar. Mine must have been aftermarket. The actuator is quite different than any other I've seen.
90ad831d63fd3b90844e1708b2d35a70.jpg

I will be fabricating a nice basket. It functions with the M Codes, has some light air leaks in the hoses. But I'm going to pull new ones and get it going.

A while back we discovered the optional M codes on this machine for the Parts catcher. I’ve rebuilt everything, M codes work in MDI. But if I call it in a program right when parting off it flips up then the program just stops and my STM light is on.

Any ideas what else I might have to put in the program? Literally every part of my program to bar pull work with a loop part counter. The only thing I did was add an M101 to flip the parts catcher up, then a few lines down I put M102 to flip it down. Don’t work.

Looking forward to getting this figured out. Thanks for any help in advance.

Back