What's new
What's new

Okuma Howa Millac 5va

Chrisstoffel

Plastic
Hi, I am new to this forum so please bare with me if I ask the wrong questions in the wrong place. Also my first language is not English so excuse my spelling. I'm looking at starting up my own small machine shop. Buying new machinery is out of the question for me so I am browsing the local market for some older strong machines. Here in South Africa the market is flooded with cheap Chinese an Taiwanese brands, but I try to steer away from those. The reputable brands are way to expensive for a guy on a budget. I'm familliar with Mazak and Haas as we have two and four of them respectively in our company.The oldest being a 2007 model. I found a late 80's model Okuma Howa Millac 5va for a reasonable price. It does seem to be a strong machine but I dont know how capable it is programming wise... ie tapping, rotational interpolation, can it be retrofitted to accepting usb input? I gues what I'm asking is will it be able to do the work I do on a Haas VF4 or a Mazak VTC 520. And can it be retrofitted with a fourth axis? Any advise would be apreciated.

Back