What's new
What's new

Okuma LB15 OSP5000 Send from Machine via Predator DNC

johnryancnc

Plastic
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to save programs back to the PC from our Okuma LB15 with an OSP5000 control using Predator DNC software. We're able to send to the machine via DNC just fine, so all of the cabling, parameters, etc. are probably setup correctly. Should just be a matter of figuring out the exact process. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the machine.

What are the exact button sequences at the control for sending a program from the machine?

Also, if anyone is familiar with Predator software and remote request functionality, do we need separate programs for sending and receiving? We have the 'Send to CNC' via remote request working beautifully.

Thanks very much,

John

I have a 5020 so could be a touch different, but they are very similar... so may be a key thats different
Set software on PC to receive/listen/read - what ever they call it so its "listening" for a transmission.

Press Edit/Aux (5020 has a key for this up by the Auto, MDI, Manual, Parameters, Workoffsets, Zero Offset keys)
Press PIP (its an Fkey)
Punch (Fkey as well)
Type the name of the file (ex A.min or P1234bar.min)
Press "Write"
It should start outputting the file. When done hit Quit PIP (Fkey)

Also found this third link down in a search on Duck Duck Go
DNC software. CNC and DNC settings for Okuma - Okuma OSP 5.

Sweet. I got it to send the file BUT it came in as gibberish (see below). Is this a parameter at the machine or at the DNC? Any idea of what it might be?

Thanks so much for your help!

`€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€xx`~fxx€xx€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€f~fx`~`~€xxxxxxxxx~f€xf~~`~€`xxx€~~ff€f`~`f~f€x€f`x~xxxxf€~`ff~€xx~~€fx~~ff~€€x~~x€xxxf€xx€~€`~f€fx~f€€~€`~f€~€~x~~f~€x€~~xx€~€~xx€~x~~x€~~x€xxfx~€x€~f€xx€xx€xx€~`f``~x~f~€f€~€€`€x`€~`€x€x€€~`€x€x`~~fx€€x~~f€x€xxfx€`€x`€~`€~`f€~xx~~xx`~ff€~x`€~€x~€`~x€~f€x€xxff€x~€f€~€x€xxf€~x€xxfx~€x€xxf~€x~~x€~xx~~x`~~€x~€x€xxf~x€€~`~f€x~x€x~fffxff€x`€~~xx€€~`€x€xxxffx€xxx€~x€~x~`~ff€~x`€~~x€`~f€~fxx€xf€~`xxxxfff€xxxx€~x~fff€x~~ff€~xxxx€€~fxx~~ffx~€~xxxff~x€~€x~fxxf€x€~~xxx€~`€x~~fffx`fxf€xxf~€x€~€xxx~x~€xx~~x
x€~f€~€€x~~f€xx€x€€xx€~fxf~€fx`€~€f€~x€~f€f`~~€~~~€~€~fxx€~€~€x€x€~x€~`€x€xx€~fx€xxx`~€€xxx~`€x€€ffxf€~€x~~€x~x~€xf€~xxf€xx€~`fx~~fffx`fxf€xff€x€~€`~f€x€~€xx€~x~€xx~~xx€fx~€x~~f€xf€xf€xf€~xx`€~€x~f€`~xxx~f~xx€~f€~~~~xf~€~x`€~~xxx€~`€x€xf€~x€x~~`€x€xxff€~xxxff~€€~~`€x€xf€~xx~€`€x€xxff€~xx€€~`€x€xff~€~xfx€~x€xxfx~`€x€xxff€~xfx~€€~fxxxx~fx€~xxfx€~x€x€~`€x€xff~xx~~ff€~xxxx€x~`€x€xxff€~x€x~f€~fxxxx€~fx€~xxfxf~€~`~ff€~x€x€~`€x€xffx~~€x~€f€`~xxx~f~~€~x€x~f€~`€x€xxff€~xxx€~`€x€xffx~~~ff€~xf€~f€~fxxxx`€€fx~`€x€xxxf€~x€x€~xx€f€~`€x€xffxx€~xfffxx~€x~~`€x~~ff~€€~xff~€x~~€€x~€xfxx€f€x€x€xf~xf~x€€~fx€xx`€~`~xxf~ffx€xxfff~xf~xff~€x~~`€x~~ff~~€~`~x€~ff~fffxxf€~€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€``

Most likely a parameter somewhere. I have never done any DNC stuff. Ive only moved programs back and forth via RS232 - but I sort of think maybe that DNC and 232 transfers are two separate things? Maybe its just a terminology thing and youre not really meaning DNC and you just mean mean youve just sent programs in and never out.

If you havent, Id go over the parameters in the machine and PC if you do in fact mean youve been running via DNC - as those settings are likely different and may not be set up to match those in the link I attached above.

None of my machines have the DNC option installed either so have never looked into or at it on purpose... and could be all wet. Might try your Okuma rep/dealer and if their guys in service cant get you the info, ask them to send you to the Service call center if they have one, and I bet someone there can help. I have Hartwig here, and they do... Im just not sure if the service call center is a Hartwig thing or an Okuma thing.

I think you might need to get a list of machine parameters that control baud/parity etc.
must feel good to at least get them talking.

Back