What's new
What's new

Okuma LB15 Spindle Drive pinout

devin_decater

Plastic
Hello, I’m looking for the connector pin outs for the VAC Drive unit on my 1989 LB15. It’s a D8 Type A drive, but I imagine the pinout will be the same for most machines of this era.

I bought the machine with a known spindle drive issue, with intent to replace the spindle drive with a overrated unit anyway to run on single phase. I’ve been successful running my other two CNC machines this way - a 1982 Eguro 5C gang lathe with a Fanuc control and a 2005 Millsieki with a centroid control. I even have the spindle orient working on the mill for the tool changer, both machines are pure single phase machines now and run reliably. Hopefully I can achieve the same results with the Okuma! I have found it very difficult to find any real info on the Okuma drive, even something as simple as a pinout diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will share my progress and any useful info I get as I go! This seems to be a weak link on these machines and with the more affordable, reliable modern drives should be a worthy upgrade even maybe even for shops with access to 3 phase.

Thank you much in advance!
-Devin

Back