What's new
What's new

Okuma LNC-8 School me on these machines!

BenTerrible

Aluminum
Considering a small turning center. I have my eye on a few, but the Okuma LNC-8 caught my attention.

1. Controls - The machine I am looking at I believe has the OSP5020 control. Feedback on this control? I hear Okuma machines are those that users either love.or hate. I have yet tonuse one.

2. The LNC series of machines-I see a variety, the Cadet, Cadet Q, Cadet M, etc. What are the options to look out for with these machines? Looking for something with live tooling.

3. Anybody have a user manual for this machine in PDF?

The 5020 control is good,that was my first Okuma lathe control back in the mid to late 90's. Obviously it's not as good as today's Okuma controls, but it's still good.

The LNC-8/Cadets are rock solid. The 5020 control is a bit dated, but sound & easy to use. We also have a 15" Chuck Okuma Captain with a direct drive spindle. With the two speed gear box in the cadet, it will push the same 2" dia. insert drill almost as hard as we can push it in the Captain.

Appreciate the feedback.

I have my eye on a few LNC8 machines, both local and out of state. Having a hell of time trying to get these machinery brokers to actually respond/answer basic questions regarding their respective machines. Seems the dealers that have these listed haven't got a clue of what they are selling and are not really eager to sell a machine.

Should anyone know of a clean LNC8 for sale by owner, point me in that direction.

Appreciate the feedback.

I have my eye on a few LNC8 machines, both local and out of state. Having a hell of time trying to get these machinery brokers to actually respond/answer basic questions regarding their respective machines. Seems the dealers that have these listed haven't got a clue of what they are selling and are not really eager to sell a machine.

Should anyone know of a clean LNC8 for sale by owner, point me in that direction.

Not uncommon with Brokers these days. You can find the same machine brokered by 3-4 different companies. They are basically trying to just sell on commission without ever taking title (or ever even seeing) a machine.
You might try KD Capital, they own most if not all of the machines they are selling.

Back