okuma lnc8 power req?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default okuma lnc8 power req?

Hi, I am in the process of installing a 1996 lnc8, (my first real cnc machine).
    I am going to run it off a phase perfect digital converter. I am wondering if I need to be concerned about which terminal the hi leg phase is connected to?

Thanks, Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also wanted to mention that I was very pleased with the level of technical support offered by Phase technologies to get me up and running (Thanks to Randy).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whats your voltage going to be?

I have 240v - 3ph here with a wild leg (Delta) - but the 94 LNC8 I have is rated at "220" as per the label, but after talking with one of the techs at Hartwig, he said that really, they are better with 208 than 220. And that despite the label being 220v, that is pretty much on the high side, and you really dont have 5% over that without potential problems.

In reality, he said that 200v is ideal for them (well at least my specific machine), but that 208 is fine. 240 is definitely a no go.

So, in the end I got a 240 -> 208 transformer, which eliminated the wild leg. But from my reading on various machines and wild legs, typically the middle terminal S if RST or L2 if L1 L2 L3 - is supposed to be the most likely place for the wild leg to go, but Id imagine a little wire chasing might be the safest way to go when locating the wild leg.

Or do you have the optional transformer that could have came with it? That might be worth checking and seeing what its specs are.

Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Wade, I do have an autotransformer on the machine that drops the voltage from 240 to 220.
    Powered it up tonight for the first time, Control came on, but got an error right away.
    938-p vac start 1001ffff