What's new
What's new

Okuma LR 15-2M Turret Issue

Wali

Plastic
Hi, i just bought an old okuma twin turret machine, trying to set it up
the upper turret is not indexind, only a beep sounds when pushing the indexing button. Same problem in Auto and Manual Mode. No alarms showing up. The lower turret is indexing fine. As much i can remember, it was indexing when i got the machine. Somebody has an idea?

Thanks
Waldemar

Last edited:
As long as it knows its at its limits, it could not be clamped correctly is the tool on center and can you move the turret at all by hand?

As long as it knows its at its limits, it could not be clamped correctly is the tool on center and can you move the turret at all by hand?

Yes, i can move the turret by hand, i can move the turret from the back of the Turret Control Card with dip switches in Maintanance Mode.

If you can physically move it by hand it is not clamped. There is a switch that tells it when its clamped (or unclamped) if this is faulty it won't let it move as in it might think its clamped. These have a hydraulic clamp kind of like a hydraulic piston but in the middle of the turret you should be able to force this on the solenoid.

By hand, correctly sayind would be manual mode. Clamp/unclamp works fine, clamp confirmation LED on the TCC is on

Back