What's new
What's new

Okuma LS Taper Attachment

Matthew Carel

Plastic
Does anyone have an LS with a taper attachment? I don't have a manual for my machine and I want to build a taper attachment. I want to know if the taper attachment with these machines is the telescopic type or if there is a way to disengage the cross slide nut.

Just saw your post and you probably know the answer by now.
They are indeed telescoping and have a different screw assembly than the std non taper machine. If you need more information I believe I have a manual that shows the parts diagram.
Beautiful machines when in good shape, I have 2 LS and an LK. One LS and the LK have taper attachment on them. Most solid taper attachment configuration I have seen.

Just saw your post and you probably know the answer by now.
They are indeed telescoping and have a different screw assembly than the std non taper machine. If you need more information I believe I have a manual that shows the parts diagram.
Beautiful machines when in good shape, I have 2 LS and an LK. One LS and the LK have taper attachment on them. Most solid taper attachment configuration I have seen.
Would you happen to have pictures of the taper attachment set up on the machine? I have an LS and some of the taper attachment, not sure what I may or may not be missing though.

So in use - slide the taper attachment slide under the hole till in lines up with the hole in the extension part. Drop the pin thru and thread it in.
Loosen the lock with the screw that the Allen wrench is in and your ready to go

The LS is identical in operation. The cover over the hole is a large plate and the the pin is a different shape and thread, but operating and setting it to use is the same

Back