What's new
What's new

Okuma m560 mill spindle not running

InventIt

Plastic
Hey Guys,

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid. I just got this M560 and I'm not familiar with the control. Way too much going on :)
The problem is I've been unsuccessful at getting the spindle to run. The machine is lightly used and has been sitting in storage for a year. I saw it running when I bought it just before putting it in storage. Just got the machine brought into my shop from storage a few weeks ago and been playing around trying to figure out the control. I can jog all the axis, command G30P1 and it moves all axis to home, can turn blow air on/off, but when I command S500M3 I get no spindle movement and no alarms. The icon in the top left corner of screen flashes yellow as if the machine is doing something but the spindle don't rotate at all. Can't get it to spin using the manual buttons or the spindle orientation

If I put the machine in machine lock and do the S500M3 it shows the spindle turning CW like it should.

I checked the ATC operation and it's at Seq 1. And I do have a tool loaded in the spindle.

OK, what am I doing wrong??

Relief!!!
Got it figured out...
Found the Diagnostics page another forum member mentioned. That helped. Seems the clamp signal was not on when the tool was in spindle. Most likely from dried oil? in the taper or pull stud area from the machine sitting in storage. Cleaned all that out and worked the clamp/unclamp mechanism several times and now I can get the spindle to run.

Back