What's new
What's new

Okuma M560 OSP300 Manual Tool Change in Program

Rick Finsta

Stainless
My application engineer's business card is sitting on my desk at home...

Anyone do manual tool changes mid-program on the OSP300? I'm using a G116 tool change macro that I got from here that allows same tool in spindle and also T0 calls to clear the spindle. So I always keep one pot empty to put the last tool away at the end of the day.

I have a 2" Drill that is too long for the ATC and also a large flycutter that I'd like to use that is way too large of a diameter for the ATC.

I think so, I was just not sure if maybe someone knew of a way to build it into the tool change macro. So if I have T98 registered but not in the magazine and I call it, it moves to a convenient position and prompts me to insert that tool, registers it as in the spindle, then when it gets back to the program the tool offsets and everything are already there. When the tool macro is called next, it first prompts to remove the tool and then goes to get the next one from the magazine.

ETA: Both are also the first tool I would use for each respective operation (OP1, flip, OP2), so it would be easy enough to post a separate program that doesn't call the tool change and does call the offsets.

Back