What's new
What's new

OKUMA M560 Preventive Maintenance

josephk

Aluminum
What do you do on your M560 and how often?

Are you greasing the ball screws every 200 spindle hours or table movement hours or every couple of months?
How often are you saving a backup of your D: user drive?
Do you change the thru spindle coolant pin if you don't have/use thru spindle coolant?
Do you keep a tool in the spindle when powered off?

I just went through training and I'm planning on just listening to the maintenance minders in the OSP Suite GUI.

Yes to every one of those questions. -Okay, except the backup; I really should do that.

Mine has been bulletproof for nearly 5 years now. My only maintenance issue is that the damn way covers are practically horizontal, so once they get bent at all, chips sneak in fast. We started running the machine 24/7 about 5 months ago, and I have to pull a bucketfull of packed chips out of the linear guide tracks once a month.

Oh, also for some insane reason the tools don't seat all the way in the magazine. Every once-in-a-while a chip will get on the back of the tool and wedge itself into the spindle interface. It's probably happend half a dozen time. Makes for delightful helicopter noises and oversized features.

Back