What's new
What's new

Okuma MA-50HB with OSP-E100 CONTROL

Turning_Guy

Plastic
Hi all,

We've got a new (to us) machine here in the shop and I would like to pick your brains a bit.

First off we are getting "3715 alarm c air dryer unusual". It tells me that the dry air filter normal signal remained off for more than 2 seconds. The problems is I have no idea what I'm looking for here to diagnose the problem.

I've got some progarmming questions I would also like to ask but for that I need to organise my stuff first.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

OK... I think maybe the air dryer is for the chip conveyor? I hear a noise like a loud fan when I turn it on. The alarm is intermittent. I have not had it at all today. The last time I got it I started the conveyor for a bit then shut it off and haven't had the alarm since.

Next question I have is regarding running a program from memory.
I tried running a program with subprograms and I keep getting ERROR 5212 Subprogram name 1 'CALL 6601'

O6601 is the subprogram filename and is registered as such in the library as O6601.SUB
I have tried running this program in "A-Mtd" and "B-Mtd" and get the same problem.If I try running a different program without subs it is ok.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Da:willy_nilly:ve

Sorry, I didn't catch it before but sub program extension is .SSB

I found this in the programming manual:

SDF: Schedule program file
MIN: Main program file
MSB: Maker subprogram file
SSB: System subprogram file
SUB: User subprogram file
LIB: Library program file

I am pretty sure I tried swapping for ".ssb" but still no success. The machine is down for maintenance right now so I can't try again for the moment. I may need to wait a few days as they are waiting on some parts for a coolant leak issue on the coolant thru the spindle.

Okay so I have this from the programming manual and as far as I can tell I seem to have formatted everything properly but no luck.

Calling a Subprogram
• A subprogram can be called not only from the main program but also from another subprogram,and up to eight-subprogram nesting is possible.
• Three subprogram call modes are available as indicated below. Note that a subprogram call command must be specified independently. Accordingly, if a subprogram call command is specified with axis move commands in the same block, the subprogram call command is disregarded.
For details, refer to the following sub sections.
a) Simple call (CALL)
b) Call after axis move (MODIN, MODOUT)
c) G/M code macros
• Simple calls (G111 - G120, M201 - M210)
• Call after axis move (G100 - G110)
• Maker macro calls (for simple calls only)
• Subprograms to be called may be grouped into three types:

User (MD1) ".sub"
System (MD1) ".ssb"
Maker (System Maker) ".msb"

• When a subprogram call command is executed, the specified subprogram is searched for
among the subprogram files displayed in response to the execution of the directory command
key in the EDIT/AUX mode. How the specified subprogram is searched for differs depending
on the type of subprogram; whether it is a user subprogram or a maker subprogram.
However, if there is a subprogram immediately following a main program, then the search is
made from that subprogram.
a) User subprograms
The specified subprogram is first searched for in the file where the program select command
is specified. If the subprogram is not found in this file, it is searched for in all files whose
device name is MD1: with extension .SSB.
b) Maker subprogram
The specified subprogram is searched for in all the files in the system memory: with an
extension of MSB.
• If a subprogram file contains more than one subprogram of the same name, then only the one
found first is valid.

Getting annoyed here.

Hi, me again.

I have a U10L control, but it doesn't seem like yours is all that different from what I have found from searching around online.

Here's the way I understand it:

In your main program you have a line that says CALL O6601
The first place the control searches is after your M30 line. ie

O1111.min

N1
blah blah
CALL O6601
blah blah

M30

O6601
blah blah
RTS

The O6601 is contained within the .MIN file that you are currently running. It's like a M97 sub program call in a Fanuc style program. I've seen it referred to as a single use subprogram. For example, a profile specific to the part you are making that you want to jump to multiple times to cut multiple depths.

If the sub is not found here, the control looks on MD1: for a file with a .SSB extension. Note: this does not have to be the subrogram name (but it could be if you want). A file with a .SSB extension is simply a filename not a program name.

The control now searches the file with .SSB extension to find your sub. There can be multiple sub programs within the .SSB file. They start with the sub name (O6601)and end with RTS.
ie:

SUB.SSB (this filename means absolutely nothing to the control)

O6601
blah blah
RTS
O6602
blah blah
RTS

...etc

I've seen this refered to as a multi use subprogram. In other words, a sub program that would be common to multiple parts you would run. In my case, I have a barloader on my lathe and do not want all that code in every single part that I use the barloader on. So I use a .SSB file.

I hope this helps and doesn't just add to your confusion.

Thanks Booze,

I'm still waiting for the machine to be repaired so I'll have to try this when it's back online.

I do know that currently my sub is not in with the main, it is stored separately, so this may be my problem. I'll let you know when I get a chance to try this.

Cheers!:cheers:

My Okuma is a simple 2 axis lathe so I don't have much experience with the finer points of what this control wants.

I learned something here too, so thanks.

Back