What's new
What's new

Okuma Multus U3000 vs DOOSAN SMX3100

micmeadow

Plastic
Hello everyone, I'm a new user of this forum so first of all thanks to anyone who is going to help me.

In my factory we are trying to improve our working cycles. We produce motorbikes crankshafts, and at the moment our cycle has two phases of turning, then one phase of milling. We are now looking for a machine that could do all the work, and had a look to some multitaskings.

We looked at Okuma Multus U3000, but it's out of our budget, same as DMG NTX.

then DMG CTX Beta 1200 but it looked overpriced for the real quality you get, and looked not very solid. Mazak integerx had a better price but still looked not like a rigid machine.

We have interrupted cut all day long while turning, so that's our first problem. Then we have to cut gear hobbing on our pieces and many other problems. Also, we would need a machine with a lower revolver and sub spindle to be able to do turning and milling at the same time, one on the first spindle and one on the other. Also, we are in a production process so no single piece, but usually between 200 and 3500 pieces per order.

Anyone got any experience or feedback about the Doosan Puma SMX3100? Is it solid and reliable? What about power skiving gear hobbings? And how does it works with repeatability? Can it hold tolerances between +/-0.02mm in a working day of 16h?

Thanks again to anyone who's going to help!

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

I don't know about these machines but I am fairly sure any machine can hold a tolerance on 0.04 all day.

All my lathes can do that.

A setup like a integrex will not be great for interupted cuts when turning. That machine is far from ridget unless you got up and get a e tower.

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Not exactly positive of what your doing but let me ask, can you rough mill the area that has the interrupted cut and finish it with a lathe tool?

We have parts the have a lot of interrupted cut area's and found it's easier to rough mill and finish turn. Then rigidity isn't as much of a problem.

Not exactly positive of what your doing but let me ask, can you rough mill the area that has the interrupted cut and finish it with a lathe tool?

We have parts the have a lot of interrupted cut area's and found it's easier to rough mill and finish turn. Then rigidity isn't as much of a problem.
Usually yes, the maximum diameter we machine is about 130 mm. Nothing big.

We already turn those areas, as I said in the first msg, we are trying to get a machine that will do the 3 phase cycle in one time, possibly working contemporary on both spindles.

We only produce crankshafts for single cylinder motorbikes (cross, Enduro, trial) that are built in divided pieces. Not like monolithic motor shaft like, for example, a Yamaha R1.

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Back