What's new
What's new

Okuma Probing in TCPC

Mrodsoccer

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I have created a full 5axis functioning post for proving in a head table machine. The issue that I am having is G31 (skip function). My controller will not allow G31 while G169 is active. Note, I am not trying to use any cycles, okuma or renishaw while I’m G169. All I am trying to do is position in TCP to my clearance position in xyzbc. Then simply want to make a linear move from that point to the point on my part on the same tool vector. I have no issue getting my coordinates correct or functionality correct. All I need is to be able to put the G31 on my point to point move.

Where does it say you can’t use G169, and why can’t you? It’s simply a code to make a sensor look for a tripped signal and has nothing to do with the functionality of the machine. Where can I find the G31 macro in the controller that defines what that code is to the controller? I will simply re-write the macro to allow TCP functionality if I could find it. Or is it possible for me to make a new G or M code that will work as skip function? I simply just need a code to make the probe stop when the signal is tripped, no advanced functionality.

Within the okuma cycles I am yet to see a physical G31 anywhere so does the okuma cycle use something different than a G31?

Any Insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

I just took a glance thru an Okuma 5AX instruction manual. It does not include G31 in it's list of commands that are valid with G169. G31 is not listed as a prohibited code with G169, but the alarm code section of that manual suggests you can't. Okuma isn't in the habit of letting others see the internals of the machines routines. That being said, you can create your own custom G-Codes and Macros. What such a macro looks like? I don't know, I've never seen one. I'd guess you'd create an algorithm to split the to/from positions of a G169 move into individual segments of a desired resolution. After every every thou or so, you check if the probe has been hit by asking the I/O system and deciding what to do from there.

Back