What's new
What's new

Okuma Tailstock Woes

Taterman

Plastic
We purchased a LB-15, mid to late 90s and cannot get the tailstock to actuate. Parameter is on, foot pedals wired correctly,the RU board is good
{ removed 1 from another machine and plugged this board in ], checked solenoid pins for free movement, pins move back and forth, dismantled solenoid and seems to be clean and working. The lights on the solenoid switch with pedal control and the magnet is warm on the retracted side. The hydro lines are cold on both sides at the tailstock. This is my 1st post, as I usually find what I need by reading threads.
Please tell me what i'm missing
Taterman

I second possibly stuck. Ours did when we had a long stretch of no use. Bumped up the pressure and it freed up. Ours is a LC20 early 90s. Easy to tear apart. Had to on ours to replace seals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Tried actuating at 400psi and still didn't move, I guess the next step is to tear into it. I wanted to test pressure coming through the lines at the tailstock, but I have no metric flare fittings to cap lines or to nipple out for a guage. Oops I said nipple. You all have a better day than me

Back