What's new

Okuma Tool Wear Compensation

Jbutler CTP

Plastic
OKUMA OSP-P300
Model: L300-MYW
Controller: OSP-300
Hello all.
Let me start by saying I am not a machinist and I am more of technical guy but I have been tasked with finding a solution to our problem. We are trying to run our machine unmanned for a certain amount of parts after hours. We have identified the tool with the shortest tool life and have set the parts counter on the machine to run just a few parts shy so that we get an extra couple pcs when we come in the morning. Our issue is that the tool needs to be offset a coupe tenths every 20 parts.
Our threading insert (Tool 2) only lasts 100pcs before it wears out and needs to be replaced/flipped. After 20 pcs we are having to subtract our wear offset in X by approx. -.0005”. Is there a feature on the controller to automatically add say -.00001” to the wear offset in X for T2 after every part/cycle? I found the Const. Add and Const. Sub. on the Tool Data page but I cannot seem to get them to work… Is there another way? Is there a way to program this in the coding of the part program?
If not is there a way that after a certain amount of parts it switches from using T2 to using say T3 if we setup T3 the same as tool T2. Then we could get double the parts after hours.
At this point I would prefer to have the machine constantly add offset after every cycle is possible.
Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks for the help!

Back