What's new
What's new

OSP 300 mill simulation

Captdave

Titanium
So I'm trying to run part simulation on this control and have a few questions? Where/how do you import a part model for it to show up in the simulation and what format STEP IGS? I guess I'll be taking another manual home tonight for some late night reading:cloud9:

OK, STL files, where do you load them to?

Wife said she wouldn't be home for a couple of hours so after finding the correct manual (thin basic operation manual) I got to work.

Was able to create a basic shape by using cylinder block and cylinder hole to get the basic shape I was looking for.

Several things the manuals don't tell you is;
1. Reload the program if you expect a model to appear.
angry.gif

2. To actually run the simulation you have to hold the machine interlock release button + the machine lock button together to stop axis movement then press cycle start.

Have to mess with the scaling and position of the part on the screen but I think I get the basic concept.

Any other tips or trick that would be helpful?

Got to love the Hurco, anytime you want to see simulation on the screen just push the "draw" soft key. Scale, rotate or move its position on the screen, just touch the screen and move it how/where you want to see it
cloud9.gif

Have to mess with the scaling and position of the part on the screen but I think I get the basic concept.

On the program select page on the right hand side there is a box for draw scale (anim) make sure that's enabled.

If you ever get the stl files to work please reply back that'd be awesome! I think it has to be renamed to .ddt, pretty sure that's what the machine reads

I'll take a look for the check box, I'm sure I blew right past it.

Another member mentioned that he thought that you could load a stl file but I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

Back