What's new
What's new

OSP 5000 RS232 data port/card problems

Nikolaiownz

Aluminum
Hello

My lb15 started to not wanting to transfer files from my computer - its been working for a long time and suddently it stopped working and the uport 1110 (my usb to serial) has a light on reciving data constantly.. i have tryed other cables and other uports.. it dosent change anything

DO i need to replace the main card 13? it might be fryed somehow..

its been working for the past year without problems and now suddently it dont.

If you have to dig into the card yourself, look for MAX232 chips, or MC1488, MC1489 chips. They might be physically near the port, and are pretty much the first thing in the door, electronically. All sorts of reasons why they could fail, but hopefully they act as a fuse.

MAX232 - Wikipedia

These guys fix these stateside: YouTube

And here's some additional insight and cautions from folks who have them:

Okuma OSP 5000, 5020, and 7000 RS232 Settings from Okuma Support

If you have to dig into the card yourself, look for MAX232 chips, or MC1488, MC1489 chips. They might be physically near the port, and are pretty much the first thing in the door, electronically. All sorts of reasons why they could fail, but hopefully they act as a fuse.

MAX232 - Wikipedia

These guys fix these stateside: YouTube

And here's some additional insight and cautions from folks who have them:

Okuma OSP 5000, 5020, and 7000 RS232 Settings from Okuma Support

i am in europe.. i found a refurbed card for around 100 gbp so its not bad...

is it safe to remove the card?

Glad you found one. Don't have that machine, so I can't weigh in on your question. Have a decent manual? There was some mention in the PM link above, too.

So I think I found my problem. These wires must have short circuit and fried the card.
5d5a98bf2fc35e134af97052fdadd718.jpg

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Anyone know what the difference between the A, B and C model of the main card 3's

Good golly. Were those welded on, or soldered?!

I usually recommend an RS232 optoisolator for machine tool interconnects. Here's one that that appears to isolate all lines:

https://www.amazon.com/External-pow...rds=opto+isolator+rs232&qid=1571146794&sr=8-3
Hello

I changed my card and made a new cable. And I was back up and running. Untill today same shit again with the new card.

The dude I got the card from had another so I told him to send me that and now I am putting a isolator on. I don't know what else to do.

My pc did not ha e ground so I changed to a cable with ground aswell.

Alittle update.

I still having problems with it. I got 3 cards and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Most don't.

I think I got some other problems with some bad connections or something.

Anyone have any experience testing the cables in the machine ?

Back