What's new
What's new

Osp5000 screen won't turn on unless I turn the machine on and off a few times.

Nikolaiownz

Aluminum
Anyone knows what can be the problem ? Machine starts but not the screen.

Only way to get the monitor to turn on is by turning the machine on and off a few times.

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Is that something I can change ?

I don't know your abilities and I've never done it myself. I would suspect yes, with some research, you could find and install an alternate power supply. That is, if that's the issue.

I know that Okuma sells an LCD screen and keypad replacement (I have one on a used LB15 I recently bought) but I think they want thousands of dollars for that.

I'd say step one is open it up and look/smell for dying or dead electronics.

I don't know your abilities and I've never done it myself. I would suspect yes, with some research, you could find and install an alternate power supply. That is, if that's the issue.

I know that Okuma sells an LCD screen and keypad replacement (I have one on a used LB15 I recently bought) but I think they want thousands of dollars for that.

I'd say step one is open it up and look/smell for dying or dead electronics.
I might give a the local TV radio repair man and ask if he can take a look at it.

I can still use the machine. I need to be on for 10 mins and then turned of and on again. Then it works fine.

Migrmht be something lose after we moved the machines.

I have an LB-15 with a OSP 5000L green screen. The display would disappear after boot up. I thought there might be a loose wire or connection so i took the whole pendent apart. Put it all back together and never had another problem. Go figure.

Okuma sells an LCD replacement - and they even have a USB replacement for the tape reader. Depending on the machine's condition, it might be worth it.

I have an LB-15 with a OSP 5000L green screen. The display would disappear after boot up. I thought there might be a loose wire or connection so i took the whole pendent apart. Put it all back together and never had another problem. Go figure.

Okuma sells an LCD replacement - and they even have a USB replacement for the tape reader. Depending on the machine's condition, it might be worth it.
That's going to get real pricy bi do have dnc setup so I don't need usb. The LCD cost alot aswell. My screen works I just takes 10 mins to turn it on. I might give the local TV repair man a call some day

I have bought replacements here :

OKUMA

Wasn't for free, but when you need the machine... :)
What did it cost you ? [emoji16]

I wound be buying a replacement yet. It still works just a minor annoyance when starting it up hehe

Back