What's new
What's new

OSP7000L issue with parameters/axis over travel

ApexMachining

Plastic
Hi Guys,

Having an issue with a new to me LU15 lathe.

When I received the machine, the travel limit parameters were set to a tiny work envelope (approx. 100mm Z, 60mm X, on both turrets).

In the process of adjusting the parameters to allow full machine travel, I jogged the machine past the Z- end limit stop.

Now I have the problem of not being able to enter a new parameter because I have moved the turret past the limit.
It won't me use the limit release switch because the parameters are set wrong, not allowing the turret to be jogged Z+ direction.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with a new to me LU15 lathe.

When I received the machine, the travel limit parameters were set to a tiny work envelope (approx. 100mm Z, 60mm X, on both turrets).

In the process of adjusting the parameters to allow full machine travel, I jogged the machine past the Z- end limit stop.

Now I have the problem of not being able to enter a new parameter because I have moved the turret past the limit.
It won't me use the limit release switch because the parameters are set wrong, not allowing the turret to be jogged Z+ direction.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure of the drive mechanism for the turret but am assuming there is a ball screw in there somewhere with a drive motor. Are you able to manually turn the drive with the power off ? I have had to do this a couple of times on my mill and it solved the issue..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If its the same as our machine with osp700l, then there should be an over travel release button in the electrical cabinent, back of machine. Have someone press and hold the button, while you handwheel off of the stop.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

There is an o.t. release button in the electricbox. You can switch it en move it the right way back. Be carefull, you have 1 oppurtunnity. The wrong way and you have a bigger problem.

Back