What's new
What's new

Probe/Toolsetter package

cse

Plastic
We are getting ready to buy a new VMC and the 560 Genos is in the running. We want a probe and toolsetter. The quote we received included a Renishaw OMP40 probe and Metrol toolsetter. I'm curious what probe/toolsetter package other people have got with new Okuma VMC's. Any advice?

Thanks,

Jim

I'm waiting for a spindle probe for our MB4000H. It's the Okuma Auto Gauging option with a Renishaw OMP400HA probe. The machine already had a tool setter from Renishaw, but I don't know what model off hand.

I'm waiting for a spindle probe for our MB4000H. It's the Okuma Auto Gauging option with a Renishaw OMP400HA probe. The machine already had a tool setter from Renishaw, but I don't know what model off hand.

Makes sense to me to have the probe and tool-setter from the same manufacturer, but in the long run I'm not sure it's a huge deal. I had a demo of the Metrol T24E-120 tool-setter today and it seems like a quality tool and it sounds like there are quite a few in the field. Their website takes some digging though.

On the M560 we just purchased we got the Renishaw OMP40/OTS40 package with inspection+ software. It retails for 13,380 from Okuma.

On the M560 we just purchased we got the Renishaw OMP40/OTS40 package with inspection+ software. It retails for 13,380 from Okuma.

Thanks for the info. The line item on my quote for the same amount only shows the OMP40, but yours included the OTS tool setter? Interesting.

For you two that have the OMP40 / OTS package, what do you think?

Thanks for the info. The line item on my quote for the same amount only shows the OMP40, but yours included the OTS tool setter? Interesting.

For you two that have the OMP40 / OTS package, what do you think?

I've got the omp40/ots on all machines. Couldn't live without them

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. We got the probe/tool setter question resolved with our distributor. We've committed and will be replacing the '96 VR40 with a Genos 560.

What was the final price on the probing package?

Sorry I missed your PM till a few minutes ago

No worries on the PM, a couple of other members confirmed it. Below is the corrected line item from my quote.

:662-2767-9 AUTO GAUGING RENISHAW OMP40/OTS $13,380.00

Back