What's new
What's new

Reading inputs from a program on Genos lathe w/OSP300 - how?

SRT Mike

Stainless
On Fanuc and Mitsubishi machines, it is possible to directly read a value from the PLC, so aside from the provided external M-codes, you can connect anything to any available X-input and read the value.

I figure a similar thing must be available on my Okuma?

What I am trying to do is add some external sensors and read on/off values within my program.

Would love to hear a report if you do find an answer. IME the wealth of knowledge available for these controllers is extraordinary limited relative to the FANUC and SIEMENS controllers I deal with every day.

There has to be an advanced programming manual somewhere that has some documentation on stuff like this.

hy, there is an io monitor, that can be accesed at least from the right toolbar ( check attached )

you may use system variables vird[argument] and vord[argument] ... there are examples inside the manuals about them; you may copy the manuals from the machine to your pc, and use an in-file search function

finding the correct ' argument ' for vird / vord may take a while, since the list of signals is long

add some external sensors

please, what do you want to add ? kindly :)

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 40

Back