What's new
What's new

Sequence restart alarm

ribbet4

Plastic
Our Okuma captain lathe has developed an issue with sequence restart. The problem only occurs when trying to restart an operation on the subspindle. Restarting any sequence on the main works perfectly. All will work fine until after we run our part transfer/cutoff sub program called OCUT. If I use a block delete to skip the line calling OCUT I can restart on the sub without issue. Once the program reads this line "CALL OCUT" I cannot restart. When trying to restart the machine will index to the prior tool as it always did but the STM light stays lit and the axis will not move to the prior position. I have deleted information line by line in the OCUT program but this did not resolve the issue. We have had this machine for over 10 years and have been using the OCUT routine since day one without and issue. I am stuck for a solution. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Our Okuma captain lathe has developed an issue with sequence restart. The problem only occurs when trying to restart an operation on the subspindle. Restarting any sequence on the main works perfectly. All will work fine until after we run our part transfer/cutoff sub program called OCUT. If I use a block delete to skip the line calling OCUT I can restart on the sub without issue. Once the program reads this line "CALL OCUT" I cannot restart. When trying to restart the machine will index to the prior tool as it always did but the STM light stays lit and the axis will not move to the prior position. I have deleted information line by line in the OCUT program but this did not resolve the issue. We have had this machine for over 10 years and have been using the OCUT routine since day one without and issue. I am stuck for a solution. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Just for fun, skip the restart and manually cursor down to the line you want to restart on and use cycle start. The interlock light will flash when you hit cycle start so you'll have to hold the interlock release and then hit the green button.

Does it restart then?

Is this a hand coded program or one generated with IGF?

Just for fun, skip the restart and manually cursor down to the line you want to restart on and use cycle start. The interlock light will flash when you hit cycle start so you'll have to hold the interlock release and then hit the green button.

Does it restart then?

Is this a hand coded program or one generated with IGF?

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that and no it would not restart. I finally spent and hour on the phone with an Okuma rep who was still unable to establish what exactly the problem was. He ended by give me a very satisfactory work around instead.

Well don't keep a brother on the hook! What was the work around?

Seems that you OCUT is not found.
Is it in the MDI? Did you change the OCUT? When jou chanced it, you have to turn of the machine before the changes work.

Seems that you OCUT is not found.
Is it in the MDI? Did you change the OCUT? When jou chanced it, you have to turn of the machine before the changes work.

Can you explain? OCUT is a sub and I've made changes to subs many times without having to power cycle the machine.

User generated M en G .lib codes i know for sure its nessary. But i can work, try it. Maybe you can post the sub here.

Ah, yeah. .lib files need the power cycle. When I hear sub program I immediately think .sub, .ssb etc

Well don't keep a brother on the hook! What was the work around?

The tech had me add a line into our programs after the CALL OCUT line. NSD2 is the line. I then jump to NSD2 and then initiate my restart from there. This way on restart the program does not scan OCUT when scrolling. Yes it is an extra step but it works. We did try to troubleshoot the OCUT program but could not come up with the cause of the problem.

hello guys :)

1) using soubroutines inside *.lib will reduce the read ahead buffer size, so use it only if you are sure that the size reducement is worth it : for example, is it ok to always have a soubroutine content loaded inside the flash memory, even it that content is read once at x_seconds, and the duration of the soubroutine is y_seconds ? is it ok to have a reduced buffer size for x-y seconds, only to buffer that soubroutine ?

2) to restart without scanning that OCUT, try this :

Code:
    IF [ VRSTT NE 0 ] NJUMP
          CALL OCUT
    NJUMP NOEX

or this

Code:
OCUT
    IF [ VRSTT NE 0 ] NEND
    // OCUT content
    NEND NOEX
RTS

or this

Code:
OCUT
    IF [ VRSTT NE 0 ] NEND
    // OCUT content
    NEND RTS

there may be a conflinct between OCUT content and machine state, when something related to 2nd spindle is involved

consider sharing error + code, and, if possible, remove everything that is not related to that problem : this should lead to a shorter code, faster to inspect

Back