What's new
What's new

String Variables is it possible

TheDutchMultus

Plastic
Is it possible to use string variables in Okuma programming. In other words to use instead of numbers or a combination of both?

I don't know what M or A signifies. I thought all variables started with V.

Type it in MDI, cycle start, and look at the value of V1?

Question in these is. Is there way to initialise a variable with text. Global and local variables for example does only except numbers.

For example to to check drawing numbers.
IF [VSTRING EQ M247659-A]NFAN

The short answer is No. There is no way (that I know of at least) to compare a string within G-Code. Perhaps if you could better articulate why you would want to check a string. There is no way to ask the operator to input a string to compare against, so I'm not sure how checking against a drawing number would be fruitful. They have all sorts of apps in the Okuma App store that can do useful work, such as loading a program, based on a barcode scan... if thats the sort of thing you were thinking of. The THINC API is also open source for you to write your own apps in. It's certainly possible to compare strings in C#. Aside from that, most Okuma born in the last 20 years or more are Turing Complete, so yes, you can play with strings, but you will half to implement it yourself (an ASCII chart might come in handy).

At first thanks for this reaction, i appreciate it very much.

I wanted te check if other data such as engravings, are matching with the drawing number/text.

To Learn C# is a long way to go, i already gave C++ a go. But it is very hard to learn.

Back