What's new
What's new

Turret Index Zero Position - ACT20 FANUC 18TA

WayneC369

Hot Rolled
Turret Index Zero Position - ACT20 FANUC 18TA Can anyone help?

The power supply card in this lathe took a shit and I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get this thing up and running.

I reloaded the parameters and zeroed the X and Z reference positions. The turret was at the no. 1 position when the power supply failed. Having no information (as has been the case with this machine since the day I bought it) I made the assumption this is where the index reference position would likely be. When I attempt a manual index the turret unlocks but just sits there doing nothing. I can select another mode other than manual and it will lock back into position without indexing. If I attempt to call up a tool thru the MDI I get a EX300 TOOL NOT FOUND IN TURRET alarm.

I found a post on another forum where a guy had this same problem and figured out how to correct it, but then never gave an explanation pf what he did. Only that he changed a counter value in the PMC. I have sat thru nearly 100 hours of peering into this 9" LCD display searching for counter addresses, data table addresses, etc. and cannot discern what's what. The ladder is pretty well documented, but still lacks a lot to be desired. It would be sweet if I knew how to read the contents of each register. The FANUC docs show instructions totally different than how they appear on the control's display.

Any ideas to guide me in the direction of synchronizing this turret would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I am reasonably sure the hydraulics and servo drive/motor are in good shape. After I flip 1815.4 for the A axis zero return position zero and cycle power pressing the manual index will cause the turret to unlock, make one full revolution, and lock back in position one. However, the turret was acting up before the power supply went out. Never nailed down the root cause. It just went back to working.

Last edited:

Back