What's new
What's new

Used MB-4000H with "repairs" on eBay, anyone have the story?

Bryan Turner

Plastic
Not sure if I can post links, but there's an 2016 Okuma MB-4000H on eBay right now at a price that has me considering it.

Problem is the seller bought it from an insurance company that said the machine had a bad crash and broke the B axis... but the seller says its been checked out and there's no mechanical damage, just needs some software corrections for drive feedback.

- Does anyone know the real story?
- Is this even worth considering?
- What kind of issues would be expected from it?
- Anyone know the seller/reputation?

Thanks,
--Bryan

I think that the last time this machine was for sale, they claimed that Okuma would not work on it because the insurance company had "totaled the machine"
Machine dealer or builder not taking a paid service call because the owner is going to sell the machine sounds fishy.

Not sure if I can post links, but there's an 2016 Okuma MB-4000H on eBay right now at a price that has me considering it.

Problem is the seller bought it from an insurance company that said the machine had a bad crash and broke the B axis... but the seller says its been checked out and there's no mechanical damage, just needs some software corrections for drive feedback.

- Does anyone know the real story?
- Is this even worth considering?
- What kind of issues would be expected from it?
- Anyone know the seller/reputation?

Thanks,
--Bryan

This been on Ebay for a while. There is few assholes trying to sell this junk. In one listing machine has no pallets in another one there is no coolant tank and chip conveyor.

This been on Ebay for a while. There is few assholes trying to sell this junk. In one listing machine has no pallets in another one there is no coolant tank and chip conveyor.

Yeah, sounds like a good machine to avoid without an on-site visit, a full cataloging of what you'd get, and seeing it run. And probably a call to Okuma to get their statement on it.

The only one that knows what really happen is the guy that crashed it and that is if he was not drunk or drugged.
The insurance co will not pay out unless it is a total loss.
Then you get the "ASSHOLES" that do not know anything about machines (used machinery dealers aka used condom users) trying to sell you shit in a bag!!!

Yeah, stay far away from this one. If it's been crashed so hard the insurance company, or some 2nd/3rd tier market, now owns it you don't want it. It's done.

If you were really curious, you could call your nearest okuma distributor with that serial number and ask them to look up the service history on it. They probably can't say who owns it but they can tell you what has happened to it or how hit got butchered.

Back